You are the proud owner of a recent automobile, the advantages of tactile gadgets, integrated technology should bring you a ease and comfort of use of your Infiniti Q50 notable, nevertheless, which says technology says electrical, and as we all unfortunately know oftentimes there are problems to fix. Today we will look into the tire pressure sensor and specifically how to reset the tire pressure sensor on Infiniti Q50, so that you won’t have ever again this indicator on your dashboard. To do this, we will divide our article into two parts, first we will talk about the common circumstance of a tire pressure indicator light that arises and the method to follow, and then the circumstance of a tire indicator that stays on despite inflated tires, so how to reset this tire sensor on Infiniti Q50.
How to reset the tire pressure sensor on Infiniti Q50? By checking out the pressure of your tires
First, we will look at the classic way to reset the tire sensor on Infiniti Q50, which if it lights up, here are the main techniques:
- As you most likely are aware of, an underinflated tire can go off, or explode, if you are driving and your Infiniti Q50’s tire pressure indicators pops up, fairly quickly get out of the way, if you are on the highway hold your steering wheel strongly just in case.
- Once stopped, visually check the condition of your tyres, if one of them is completely flat, replace your wheel, if it is only under-inflated, go carefully to a petrol station.
- Check the tire pressure of your Infiniti Q50 using the pressure gauge and follow the brand instructions on a label in the driver’s door.
- If you perceive during this re-inflation that a tire is damaged, have it changed
- Finally, after re-inflation, you can turn your vehicle’s ignition back on and you should have applied the logical technique of how to reset the tire pressure sensor on Infiniti Q50. The indicator light should have disappeared or go out after a few moments. In the instance that this is not the circumstance, we recommend you to go through the following section.
How to reset the Infiniti Q50 tire pressure sensor that continues to be on when the tire pressure is good
Reset tire pressure sensor Infiniti Q50
Now that you tried the classic method of how to remove the tire pressure sensor on Infiniti Q50, and it didn’t work, we will move on to the second method, namely, the tires on my Infiniti Q50 are well inflated and I still want to make this light disappear. It most likely means you have a faulty tire pressure sensor. For this trouble, it will be essential to reset the value in your vehicle’s dashboard. Nevertheless, be cautious not to accomplish this while driving as pressure variations will affect your pressure sensors. In most cases you have to go through the automobile configurations, then you should find an option to detect inflation or “deflation detection”, once in this tab, you have to hold down the selection button or the reset button according to the year of your Infiniti Q50 till you observe a message from the vehicle console that confirms that the reset is taken into account (it usually takes a few moments). You can now turn off the ignition and restart your Infiniti Q50 to see if the tire pressure light has gone out.
Substitute solution to reset the tire pressure sensor on Infiniti Q50: Swap a faulty tire pressure sensor
If, despite your reset, the tire pressure indicator on your Infiniti Q50 does not vanish, then the wisest choice is to go to your workshop, it is most likely the tire pressure sensor on the valve that is defective or faulty on your Infiniti Q50. Be aware that in general the price of a unit is around 120€. Another option that some prefer to do because the trouble can be recurrent on some series is to deactivate the sensors through the use of an opcom and the diagnosis of your automobile. Nevertheless, this methodology is not suggested because it may cause improper handling and disruption of the normal performance of your Infiniti Q50. Now you have all the keys in your hand to know how to reset the tire pressure sensor on Infiniti Q50.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Infiniti Q50, do not hesitate to consult our Infiniti Q50 category.